Is it the quality of your paint that gets the best result?

It was Emily's birthday.

She wanted a box of watercolours, like her sister's.

So we went to Hobbycraft www.hobbycraft.co.uk
and I was steeling myself to spend quite a bit on a lovely box of paints, but no, she wanted the one out of the EverdayRange at the grand price of £2.99.

Phew !

So we bought that, and some proper watercolour paper and two rather nice brushes from the Cotman range. Not quite so cheap.

Anyway we took our purchases home and she had a try out with her new paints and paper and brushes, and the colours were so fresh and bright.

So have I been wasting my money on expensive watercolours?
Is it the paper and brushes that make the difference?

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Care for Prints

Dear fellow art lovers, I'm often asked by busy customers how to look after their prints once they've bought them. Prints are a ...