Optimising the Studio for Better Painting.

I'm going to tell you how I'm optimising my studio to achieve an environment for a better painting experience, and hopefully for better paintings!
My work space has always been a bit Spartan, with no comfy chair and lots of twisting and turning to get paint to easel. I am beginning to creak and ache, while my feet feel sore after four hours of standing up.
Some time ago I got rid of a rack of storage space , and moved unloved work ( but daren't throw away) into the very spare bedroom. All to make more floor space. Which worked, sort of.

But I've got stuff to put away, and I lost some shelf space.





So yesterday my long suffering husband put up some more shelves, and I am looking forward to tidying things away. 









Crucial to a more usable environment I have moved in a chair with ...cushions. An unheard of luxury!







And a desk easel, so I can sit down and paint, though I still stand up sometimes, but now I can collapse into my chair and think.
















Another important piece of kit is a new palette, a wave palette that fits ergonomically to your body, and the paint comes off easily.


 Will all this refurbishment lead to better paintings? more paintings?
All I can say is I don't know. But I'll be more comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Care for Prints

Dear fellow art lovers, I'm often asked by busy customers how to look after their prints once they've bought them. Prints are a ...