Launch Event Peterborough Artists' Open Studios 2015

Oh I wish I'd signed up!

I really do. It was only bought home to me on Saturday when I visited Peterborough Artists' Open Studios' launch event in the city's Cathedral Square and realised I was not a part of it. The first time in ten years.
It was a bright blue day, the city was bustling and a sturdy tent on Cathedral square held a bunch of artists, all eager to talk about their work and open studios in general.
And this is what it's all about!
paintings by James Tovey.
And who was there?
Jerome Hunt  - Oil painter. A bit like the early impressionists.
Liz Hunt - Fine art mixed media textiles.
James Tovey - Japanese inspired paintings, and his open studio includes a garden design theme.
Stacey-Ann Cole - Lyrical watercolours featuring Afro Caribbean women.
Mahemuda  Arsalani - Otherwise known as Muni's mosaics, queen of the tesserae.
Josie Kelly-Gobuiwang - An artist with a bit of a dark streak.
Tony Nero - Full of vibrancy and passion with a Caribbean influence.

I shall visit loads of studios when it starts on the 27th of June, but I miss the build up, and although I have other projects underway being part of a group with a common aim for part of the year is something I shall miss.





No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Care for Prints

Dear fellow art lovers, I'm often asked by busy customers how to look after their prints once they've bought them. Prints are a ...