Monday Painting.

I like to post a picture of one of my works on a Monday. In many ways it reminds me of what it's all about.
So her is this Monday's painting.

Mary Kemp. Oil Painting.
Three Sunflower Heads.
Some paintings you're quite proud of , and this is one of them. Painting on a very smooth gessoe board I managed to get a huge amount of detail into it. I observed carefully, loving the pattern of the sunflower seeds as they curved round the heads, and drew even more carefully. The next thing to do was add colour in a restrained kind of way. 
I sold it some time ago, and wish I'd taken a better photograph.
It went to a serious collector and hangs in a room full of greater art than mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Care for Prints

Dear fellow art lovers, I'm often asked by busy customers how to look after their prints once they've bought them. Prints are a ...