I've Had a Week Away From Painting.

Early morning studio.
I've had a week away from painting.

The occasion that happily diverted me was my husband's birthday involving a hectic weekend of family and friends, and good food and wine, so it's taken a while to get back into a normal routine.

 When I did get back to working I realised I had to prepare paintings for a small exhibition at Browne's Hospital in Stamford, Lincolnshire, an historical building in the centre of the town. I've now put up some boat oil paintings there, traditional subject for a traditional space.
I just had to show you
this picture of a door
at Browne's Hospital. 

As with all exhibitions it's the labeling and listing that gets me. This is not art I tell myself. But it has to be done if you want anyone to see your creations. So knuckle down girl!

It was with a great deal of relief that I got back to the studio yesterday morning, dressed in painting smock and ready for anything.

All was waiting for me, brushes, paints, palette knives and of course canvas and board.

I put the painting on the easel, squeezed out cobalt blue, cerulean blue, naples yellow, titanium white, raw sienna and cadmium yellow onto my palette, picked up a nice worn bristle brush.............................


Paint..........


No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Care for Prints

Dear fellow art lovers, I'm often asked by busy customers how to look after their prints once they've bought them. Prints are a ...