This blog is moving!
At last I have discovered a way to have my website and blog all in one place.
So from now on all new blog posts will be on my new website.
I'm still writing about the same sort of things, and you can still find the old posts on this page.

Friday, 22 May 2015

I've Had a Week Away From Painting.

Early morning studio.
I've had a week away from painting.

The occasion that happily diverted me was my husband's birthday involving a hectic weekend of family and friends, and good food and wine, so it's taken a while to get back into a normal routine.

 When I did get back to working I realised I had to prepare paintings for a small exhibition at Browne's Hospital in Stamford, Lincolnshire, an historical building in the centre of the town. I've now put up some boat oil paintings there, traditional subject for a traditional space.
I just had to show you
this picture of a door
at Browne's Hospital. 

As with all exhibitions it's the labeling and listing that gets me. This is not art I tell myself. But it has to be done if you want anyone to see your creations. So knuckle down girl!

It was with a great deal of relief that I got back to the studio yesterday morning, dressed in painting smock and ready for anything.

All was waiting for me, brushes, paints, palette knives and of course canvas and board.

I put the painting on the easel, squeezed out cobalt blue, cerulean blue, naples yellow, titanium white, raw sienna and cadmium yellow onto my palette, picked up a nice worn bristle brush.............................


Paint..........


No comments:

Post a Comment