Sky Colours.

Earlier on in the week I said I would post a blog about sky colours because it's a subject that crops up a lot for those of us who paint landscapes. 
We don't always put vast amounts of clear sky in our compositions and  most of us paint with colours a lot more low key than in this graphic. But when I'm struggling to nail those colours and make them credible this little exercise has proved very helpful.


I painted this on an off-cut of mount card. We have a lot around as Alan is a picture framer and a wizard with the mount cutter. I just can't seem to get the hang of the mount cutter, or any of the equipment for that matter!
The medium I used was inks. I used to paint with them a lot, in my spooky landscapes phase. I love the strong luminosity of colour, much better than watercolour.




No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Care for Prints

Dear fellow art lovers, I'm often asked by busy customers how to look after their prints once they've bought them. Prints are a ...