My Epson Stylus Photo PX30WD Printer. Trials and Tribulations.

I thought I would write about my Epson printer this week.
The reason it's so big on my mind is that I've just spent the last two hours connecting my computer to it. 
I lost wi-fi connection when we changed our router last year and I've been down-loading images via a usb stick ever since.

I bought my present Epson about two years ago, and before I made my purchase did a lot of research.
There's not an artists website, photographers blog ( slight exaggeration) I didn't visit in my quest for the perfect printer.
Everything seemed to point to an Epson, and of course the higher spec the better.
I took many factors into consideration and settled on a Epson Stylus Photo PX30WD.

It's main job would be to produce super duper copies of my artwork.
And it does produce super duper copies of my artwork. I can't fault it on that.

It's the operator interaction  that I struggle with.
The hand book is very basic, and doesn't answer the questions I have about wi-fi connection. That's my main bug bear. It was only sheer luck that I got it connected this time. I had to put the code for the new router in. And I had to uninstall and then install the drivers all over again.
First two prints after being connected. I put in the wrong paper to start with!
This isn't in any way a guide to how to operate a printer. You can probably tell by my tone of despair!
I guess I'm not very advanced on the technology front, but then many users aren't.
Read some reviews here.
Would I buy an Epson again? I honestly don't know. Looking on line Canon's seem to be pretty hot at the moment, but are they easier to operate? We have an HP inkjet for letters etc and when it was plugged in away it went! Perfect.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Care for Prints

Dear fellow art lovers, I'm often asked by busy customers how to look after their prints once they've bought them. Prints are a ...