Not enough hours in the day.
Too many ideas fizzing in your brain.
Too much domestic stuff to do.
And you're tired......
|DO NOT PAINT IN YOUR GOOD CLOTHES !!|
I hold my hands up right now in that I pinched this idea for some golden guidelines from the wonderful Katherine Tyrrell at Making a Mark, In fact she actively encouraged it with her blog post of the ten golden rules for every busy artist.
But I've written just five guidelines for us
- Most important. Be selfish. Everyone else is in their own way. Creating art is not a hobby. For many of us it is a job, and each thought, each doodle is training.
- Work to your own bio rhythm. I could no more paint at night than I could fly to the moon. My best time is morning and I don't let anything get in the way of my 8 am to 1 pm routine (not usually anyway).
- Never wear your best clothes to paint in. I don't have to tell you why.
- Be tidy. It saves time in the end. ( So my beloved says)
- Cherish your loved ones. Fame, fortune, a fabulous colour combo, the sweetest line in the world, is absolutely nothing without them.
Ten Golden Rules For Busy Artists.
Hope you find all this useful.