This blog is moving!
At last I have discovered a way to have my website and blog all in one place.
So from now on all new blog posts will be on my new website.
I'm still writing about the same sort of things, and you can still find the old posts on this page.

Monday, 10 November 2014

4 Really Good Art Blogs.


I am going to tell you about 4 of the best, most informative and colourful art blogs I've come across in my travels in cyberspace.
And if you have a favourite blog I'd like to hear about that too.

Mary Kemp. Brancaster. Detail.
When I first started writing my own art blog I hadn't much idea of  what form it should take.


I got a blogger template, and found a name sort of was ok and described what I wanted to write about. THEARTISTSDAY. It has presence!
I read about SEO, and the seven things ( at least) you ought to do to make a great blog post.  I'm afraid I haven't stuck to that very well.

And the best thing was researching other blogs. They have become old friends!

So here are a few dear to my heart.

Mary Kemp. Detail. Druridge Bay.
Mary Kemp. Sunset. Detail
My very favourite is Making a Mark, lots of info, current goings on exhibition wise and materials wise. Katherine Tyrrell really drew me in with a weekly Who painted This? which sadly is having a rest at the moment. But I still read this blog avidly and think of it as the gold standard!
Next is Alyson Stanfield's Art Biz Blog. What a feisty women she is and how knowledgeable about all things arty and business related. While researching this post I've just wiled away a good 20 minutes browsing her advice. If I followed half what she says I'd be a lot richer. Ho hum!
I like the Empty Easel blog too. Lots more information there.
And what about Lines and Colours? which always has the most delicious eye candy.
I hope you look at these lovely blogs, and perhaps take time to share with me some others.

No comments:

Post a Comment