My home town of Peterborough is bursting with artists. They're everywhere, in places you would expect them and in places you wouldn't.
So this is a photo of Garth Bayley in the art gallery of the Peterborough museum , a fitting place for an artist, displaying the fruits of a year's work as artist in residence at St John's church in the middle of the city.
|Garth Bayley. Artist.|
I needn't have bothered because they didn't!
Instead we were served up a cornucopia of Christian images in a mixture of media.
- The Last Supper, a mixed media picture on paper, seen from above, making it a strikingly modern image.
- Angels and Fallen Angels. Bird wings and clay, a rather sinister interpretation !
- In His Embrace. An oil painting on canvas, typical of Garth's style. This is a part of the continuing debate on same sex marriage.
- From the Cross. Oil on canvas. A powerful image of Christ on the Cross.
- The Wall of Fame. Portraits of people of the church. A joyous bank of portraits.
|Garth Bayley. Wall of Fame.|