Masterpieces, Art and East Anglia at the Sainsbury's Centre, University of East Anglia.

My favourite game to play when visiting an exhibition is pouncing on something I would like to take away with me. But there was so much at this exhibition to love I never got to make up my mind.
Part of the fun was the venue, breathtakingly modern at the University of East Anglia. (Did it feature in a Most Peculiar Practice on the telly in the 80's, 90's?)
The art spanned pre history to the present day.
My husband wanted to take home Christopher Saxton's map of Norfolk from 1574, quite portable if only you could get into the cabinet without being noticed.
Despite there being a cornucopia of artefacts I still lusted after a couple of paintings, a Munnings Suffolk Horse Fair and a bright fresh Cotman watercolour that could have been painted yesterday.
Sainsbury's Centre UEA
Happy day out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Care for Prints

Dear fellow art lovers, I'm often asked by busy customers how to look after their prints once they've bought them. Prints are a ...