This blog is moving!
At last I have discovered a way to have my website and blog all in one place.
So from now on all new blog posts will be on my new website.
I'm still writing about the same sort of things, and you can still find the old posts on this page.

Thursday, 23 May 2013

Quick, Easy and Efficient Way of Sketching Outside

Mary Kemp - Dead Geraniums
drawing, pen and coloured pencils
I want a way of drawing on the hoof that :
a.doesn't take loads of materials
b.is incredibly quick
c.with a result that is easy to read when I get home
d.and, as a bonus, looks good to the casual bystander.
Not much to ask, but I am working on it !
So far I have been through
pencil, watercolour, pen and wash, watercolour pencils, conte crayons , pastels and coloured pencils.
My latest experiment involves pen, Faber Castells Artists Pen, and Derwent Softcolour pencils.
Here's the picture. Took me ten minutes after lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment