This blog is moving!
At last I have discovered a way to have my website and blog all in one place.
So from now on all new blog posts will be on my new website.
I'm still writing about the same sort of things, and you can still find the old posts on this page.

Friday, 29 March 2013

Polly Morgan - Taxidermy Artist

I have just watched a BBC Four programme about the artist  Polly Morgan in the series What Do Artists Do All Day.
I was so impressed with her innovation and craftmanship, why haven't I come across her before?
She's a taxidermy artist who uses stuffed animals to convey her ideas. Having seen lots of Victorian stuffed animals, especially Walter Potter's weird and wonderful tableaux and had a sort of gruesome fascination for them I was pleased to see the art carried on.
The programme gave an insight into Polly's working methods, and I was pleased to see she does a fair amount of thinking and walking back and forth.
However I don't think I will be following in her footsteps. just a step too far for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment