Ongoing Work - Sun Bursting Through the Trees.

I have been painting the sun bursting through the trees in Wakeham Woods. I painted it first in watercolour and am now struggling with oils, in fact I'm using Griffin Alkyd because it dries quicker.
I like alkyd paints if I'm painting something smooth and detailed. It doesn't handle as well as oil paints for the more textural passages as they don't seem to have the physicality of our luscious oil colours.
I've painted most of the ground work, leaves and trees and grass. So the picture is of that. Now I've put masking tape all over the surface to work out where I want the sunbeams to go. That's the place I'm at, but you're not seeing that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Care for Prints

Dear fellow art lovers, I'm often asked by busy customers how to look after their prints once they've bought them. Prints are a ...