Beat Those Winter Blues with Bright Watercolours.

Dr. Martins Hydrus Watercolour
I treated myself to some wonderful Dr Martins Hydrus Watercolours from Jacksons. They are beautiful, I've always struggled in the past to get the intensity of colour I wanted in watercolour but these seem to zing off the page, and they tell me they're lightfast which Dr Martins Brilliant Watercolours weren't.
So I did a very quick watery painting of some apples and went a bit overboard with the colours. Oh joy. I had some trouble with the cobalt violet which seems to have congealed in the bottle, but Jacksons are sending me a replacement.

Mary Kemp - Winter Apples

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Care for Prints

Dear fellow art lovers, I'm often asked by busy customers how to look after their prints once they've bought them. Prints are a ...