This blog is moving!
At last I have discovered a way to have my website and blog all in one place.
So from now on all new blog posts will be on my new website.
I'm still writing about the same sort of things, and you can still find the old posts on this page.

Monday, 17 September 2012

Monday Morning - Paint!

On Saturday I produced the ground work for three paintings. Here are two of them.
I drew the images with pencil on the canvas, having carefully worked it all out on a piece of paper, and then sprayed with fixative.
Next I got busy with the base colour, pinky for one, purply for the other. Using acrylic.  I let all this dry, and after a while painted in the main colour of cerulean blue for both of the pictures still using acrylic.
Mary Kemp - Work in progress.
Over the weekend I have let this dry. In truth it only takes less than 30 minutes, but I wanted to think about it, and now I am ready to proceed. In fact I have proceeded already because this is Monday afternoon, but the next stage is under wraps until I'm happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment