Monday Morning - Paint!

On Saturday I produced the ground work for three paintings. Here are two of them.
I drew the images with pencil on the canvas, having carefully worked it all out on a piece of paper, and then sprayed with fixative.
Next I got busy with the base colour, pinky for one, purply for the other. Using acrylic.  I let all this dry, and after a while painted in the main colour of cerulean blue for both of the pictures still using acrylic.
Mary Kemp - Work in progress.
Over the weekend I have let this dry. In truth it only takes less than 30 minutes, but I wanted to think about it, and now I am ready to proceed. In fact I have proceeded already because this is Monday afternoon, but the next stage is under wraps until I'm happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Care for Prints

Dear fellow art lovers, I'm often asked by busy customers how to look after their prints once they've bought them. Prints are a ...