This blog is moving!
At last I have discovered a way to have my website and blog all in one place.
So from now on all new blog posts will be on my new website.
I'm still writing about the same sort of things, and you can still find the old posts on this page.

Saturday, 4 August 2012

What to paint on.

I usually paint on either
canvas covered panel,
primed mdf
or stretched white cotton canvas.

Of the three I prefer the canvas covered panel. I like a firm surface and the weave is close on the canvas so it's quite a gentle support and allows for detail if I feel so inclined.

But last week I bought some linen canvases mainly because Great Art, whose catalogue I take to bed to read, has a deal on. So I  bought 4 of 30 x 30 cms.

I'm now wondering, do I paint a different coloured ground, or do I just pitch in?




No comments:

Post a Comment