Yarmouth to Barmouth!

Last year my husband took me along on a road trip from Yarmouth in East Anglia to Barmouth on the Welsh coast.

This pan UK trip was organised by the Citroen Car Club to celebrate the 60th anniversary of the iconic Citroen D series car. It involved a group of us driving, almost in convoy, from coast to coast, seeing sunrise in Great Yarmouth and sunset in Barmouth.

The day was accompanied by a lot of jollity, and despite
the abundance of technical talk I had a really great time.

We celebrated with a very convivial dinner that night, and next morning woke to a beautiful clear morning.  Our hotel overlooked the bay and you could see boats bobbing about on the water.
Before breakfast, full Welsh, egg, bacon, sausage, tomatoes, mushroom and fried bread (my particular favourite) I grabbed sketch book and camera and headed down into the town.
Mary Kemp
"Barmouth Discovered"
Oil on canvas
30 x 40 cms
Available on my website

And this is how I saw Barmouth on that wonderful morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Care for Prints

Dear fellow art lovers, I'm often asked by busy customers how to look after their prints once they've bought them. Prints are a ...