Story in a Painting.

I like a painting with a story. It's satisfying to see a great picture but it's even more interesting to discover that there's a story behind it.

For me the best ones are when you don't really know what's going on, and you have to make up the narrative for yourself.

Mary Kemp
Chance Encounter
SOLD
I see a lot of things happening on the beach, people seem less conscious of being watched. One September morning I observed these two men walking on the water's edge , looking at the sea as it gently flowed in and out, quite oblivious to the women walking towards them. She stopped when she reached them, they made as if to step out of her way, and then she talked to them, before carrying on, smiling.
I don't know what was said. It is a mystery to me and will always remain so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Care for Prints

Dear fellow art lovers, I'm often asked by busy customers how to look after their prints once they've bought them. Prints are a ...