The Painting on the Easel.

Last week , as we digested the Sunday newspapers' magazines I came across a most haunting photo of Barbara Hepworth as a young woman looking out to sea. The picture was grainy and you couldn't see her face, but the pose spoke to me and I felt I wanted to incorporate something similar into a painting.

Of course you can't crib from someone else's photo, but you can approximate their pose, so I persuaded my grand daughter to model for me, which she did without too much fuss, and this is the painting on the easel. I've added a dog because my grand daughter likes dogs.




On Thursday I think I will write something about sky colours, a bit of a passion of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Care for Prints

Dear fellow art lovers, I'm often asked by busy customers how to look after their prints once they've bought them. Prints are a ...