New Painting - Featuring Yet Again, Grace the Dog.

Mary Kemp - beginning of painting.
I have started a new painting, on a canvas board 40 x 40. It features Grace the dog at the seaside again. She likes it there.  As you can see I have drawn out the design roughly. You can just about make out  where I have squared up the image of the dog. I sprayed it over with fixative so the carbon won't mix with the paint. I then draw over the pencil with acrylic, raw umber, and when it's dry add a wash of Venetian Red and Ultramarine Violet. Then the next thing is to add a covering of cobalt blue, titanium white and ceruleun blue and buff titanium for the sand.
Mary Kemp - next stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Care for Prints

Dear fellow art lovers, I'm often asked by busy customers how to look after their prints once they've bought them. Prints are a ...