This blog is moving!
At last I have discovered a way to have my website and blog all in one place.
So from now on all new blog posts will be on my new website.
I'm still writing about the same sort of things, and you can still find the old posts on this page.

Monday, 22 April 2013

Sketching in the Garden - Sunny Day

Mary Kemp  - Pencil Sketch
I loved the way these pots grouped themselves together - nothing to do with me - so as I sat with a cup of  coffee I drew them quickly.                                            I wanted to get the lights and darks down so used a lovely soft 7B pencil and just drew. I had several attempts. You're not seeing the one that ended up a mess ! I used a small amount of colour by way of Derwent Softcolour pencils. I also tried to create some white with an electric erasure but it didn't produce a nice white area, just a grey streak.
The paper is extra white cartridge, not very thick but the pencil glides across. Scrumptious !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment