This blog is moving!
At last I have discovered a way to have my website and blog all in one place.
So from now on all new blog posts will be on my new website.
I'm still writing about the same sort of things, and you can still find the old posts on this page.

Monday, 11 February 2013

A Handy Piece of Kit.

I know this piece of MDF next to my palette looks a bit rubbishy. But it's one of my most useful gadgets, and I made it myself ! It's my version of a mahl stick , or a hand rest to stop your wet painting getting smudged when you work on it.
It consists of a piece of about 12 inch by 4 inch MDF with a couple of smaller blocks glued to either end. It just clears your working area and gives a large surface to rest upon. This has it's limitations of course but for a home made gadget I think it's very efficient.

No comments:

Post a Comment