The first painting from Blakeney.

The very first paintings from holiday sketches.

I am well on my way with the first painting of my holiday at Blakeney.
Blakeney as seen from Morston Quay. Weather was warm.

I have used:

30 x 30cms canvas panel, with a warm ground of Venetian red and white acrylic.
Drew on a rough image with 6B pencil
Then went in with the oil paints.
Ceruleun blue, cobalt blue, venetian red, Naples yellow, buff titanium, ultramarine violet, raw umber, burnt Sienna and of course white titanium.
Used a little alkyd medium and odourless spirit.

Waiting for it to dry so I can add the next stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Care for Prints

Dear fellow art lovers, I'm often asked by busy customers how to look after their prints once they've bought them. Prints are a ...